A Long-Awaited StarCraft Patch
It’s an exciting day for new and experienced StarCraft gamers: The real-time science fiction strategy game and its Brood War expansion are being upgraded with a new patch.
The best part? The original StarCraft game and its expansion are now FREE to download!
The 1.18 Patch is a long time coming for those who have been die-hard StarCraft fans for years. The updates are extensive, yet retain the original game the developers intended for us to play.
StarCraft, Remastered. Literally.
The StarCraft Patch comes with another big announcement from Blizzard!
StarCraft: Remastered is an overhaul of the original game and Brood War expansion, and features enhanced graphics and new features, without altering the popular gameplay that StarCraft aficionados have come to love over the last 8 years. This new version of StarCraft will feature 1080p cinematics and 4K graphics, while staying true to the original game.
Look for StarCraft: Remastered this summer. Meanwhile, check out the original StarCraft (again, for FREE!) with the new patch today! Look below for a comprehensive list of the patch updates, and happy gaming!
StarCraft: Brood War Patch 1.18 Updates
- Added windowed fullscreen or windowed mode; use Alt+Enter to switch between.
- Added UTF-8 support.
- Added cursor clamping in-game while windowed; unclamped in menus.
- Added Popular Maps to streamline finding games or game types.
- Added options to display actions per minute.
- Added Observer mode.
- Added opponent information when joining a game lobby.
- Added autosaving for replays.
- Added an option to display the game timer.
- Added UPnP support.
- Updated to a new OpenGL backend.
- Improved gameplay responsiveness during multiplayer by increasing turn rate to match LAN speeds over Battle.net.
- Improved UI layout in Battle.net sections.
- Improved behavior of available lobbies within the ‘Join Game’ section.
- Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
- Improved anticheat capabilities.
- Improved installation and patching performance.
- Mac Beta support now available for 10.11 and up.
- Fixed palette issues to correct rainbow water, 80s Kerrigan face in the loading screen, and other graphic glitches.
- Fixed problems with LAN game discovery.
- Fixed IME support and other text artifacts in Battle.net menus.
- LAN and Legacy Battle.net fixes.